History of OSACEA
OSACEA (Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture) is the successor to the glorious traditions of the Odessa School of Construction Workers of the Odessa (Novorossiysk) Department of the Imperial Russian Technical Society from 1891.
In 1918, in order to prepare engineer-builders, an engineering-building faculty was created at the Polytechnic Institute.
It was at its base that in 1930 a university of construction profile was opened - the Odessa Engineering and Construction Institute (OECI), which changed its name over the years of its existence. The Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated April 24, 1994, No. 244, created the Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture on the basis of the Odessa Engineering and Construction Institute.